Friday, November 10, 2006

The Ankeny Briefcase

A story that I wrote is going to be published in a short fiction collection that’s coming out in December. I’ve received several emails confirming that this is true, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what I sent to the editors of said short fiction collection for consideration… so I’m trying not to get too excited about it.

There is a pretty good chance I cussed in (whatever I sent), so please know that going in.

Here’s what probably happened: 1 - I didn’t think I’d get in, so I half-heartedly sent in something I stole from someone else. I do this all the time. 2 - Or I sent in something that I had written while under the influence of (something) and it turned out to be so incredibly bizarre that even the editors of the book thought it must be good because it makes no sense.


Whatever the scenario, The Ankeny Briefcase is co-edited by Donald Miller. Miller has – over the past few years – become a hero of mine. He’s a writer, and he writes good things. The fact that Donald Miller has (maybe) read something that I wrote and thought it worthy of being published is pretty cool (to me).

Then again, I do not know how many submissions they received… They may have been forced to print a certain amount of pages and my (whatever I sent) is simply filler to get a cost break on paper prices.


I really don’t care.

I’m looking forward to seeing (whatever I sent) in print and it’ll allow me to finally be able to say “I’m a short fiction writer” to myself in the mirror and not think less of myself for lying.The Ankeny Briefcase: A short fiction collection is available for pre-order at www.ankenybriefcase.com. It's $15.99. It will ship on December 1 to insure stockings are sufficiently stuffed a few weeks later... and if they weren’t sending me one for free, I would definitely GO HERE and order one... or seven.

FROM THE SITE:

For folks expecting a Guidepost-like collection of uplifting morality tales, you’ll be in for a surprise. The Ankeny Briefcase was formed with one thought in mind: good literature. While many of our authors are Christian, and while some pieces have spiritual themes, these stories were selected for their merit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home